15 Things only people who are trying to accumulate points in the CACFP Take Action Challenge can relate to...
1. You routinely justify premature exits to work on the challenge by explaining that you have a super early meeting the following day, but it’s really so you can work on writing the National CACFP song. oops
2. You’ve mastered the art of the Irish good-bye or the Houdini maneuver, wherein you duck out of a social gathering without saying good-bye to anyone, not even your host. You stopped feeling an ounce of guilt about doing this when you started counting #CACFPtac points for Farm 2 Preschool challenges.
3. The morning hours when you’re awake before everyone else working on your #CACFPtac Presidents Challenge and no one bugs you via text or email makes missing out on working on nighttime #CACFPtac Challenges totally worthwhile.
4. In fact, you really don’t get the whole FOMO (fear of missing out thing), because you are working on a challenge. JOMO (the joy of missing out) makes a lot more sense to you, because you have more #CACFPtac time.
5. You’re seriously in awe of “the people who don’t know what CACFP is” who tend to ignore the meal patterns and childhood obesity prevention every single day. Same goes for those who can function on other things than the amazing CACFP take ACTION Challenge opportunities, which seems like a supernatural talent.
6. New Year’s Eve is going to be your least favorite holiday, because the 2016 CACFP take ACTION Challenge will be over.
7. CACFPtac deprivation is your personal nightmare. You are a dumb, irritable shell of yourself when you don’t get to work on any #CACFPtac’s and fall behind the others that are submitting.
8. There are very few things you’re willing to sacrifice a few #CACFPtac points or CACFP Awareness for, as it equals a wonderful CACFP Awareness opportunity and you shouldn’t have to compromise your #CACFPtac mental health for anything, well maybe just one more challenge..
9. For instance, you really don’t understand why anyone would sacrifice an opportunity to get CACFPtac healthier with their family and or child care provider just to finish watching a movie or a TV show, no matter how compelling the narrative. Those things don’t vanish overnight and you’re totally happy waiting a day or so to find out what happens next.
10. You and/or your agency know that ignoring regulations, best practices, nutrition, and child care were never viable options for you. CACFP take ACTION Challenges” on the other hand, are things you’re definitely cut out for.
11. Doing CACFP take ACTION Challenges are just as awesome at 7pm as they are at 11pm, so why wait to get busy? Plus, there’s always morning challenges, to do. Feeling strangely like Monica and Ross in Friends competitive episode.
12. Sometimes, you get upset that time is moving too slowly because you’re desperate to go to work on a challenge but it’s a little TOO early to work on a new challenge, well maybe just one more like #TeamFNV.
13. Your friends are well aware of your tendency to turn into a CACFPtac pumpkin at a ridiculously early hour. They can’t wait until October, 2016 when you will get your final recognition and you won’t be gone working on a challenge, until you tell them you really like this #COMMIT2TEN Challenge, you might keep doing it.
14. You wake up with serious anxiety on the days you’re obligated to work on the new #CACFPtac challenge and then you remember one of the challenges is yoga. Get two birds with 1 stone, points and no anxiety with Yoga.
15. Rallying for a stronger CACFP and Child Nutrition bill qualifies for a lot of points, even though you thought you would be working on the individual challenges before now. Great idea, get the whole department to do the Presidents Challenge or a Run/Walk or....